Tuesday, August 11, 2009

It's raining contractors

Okay, so Ben has the plans ready to go to the township to apply for the building permit for the second floor addition....great! So now I am in charge of getting some contractors out to take a look and give us a quote. This is so much easier to do than you would think! I registered with handycanadian.com (which took 5 minutes). What this site does is simple, genius really, contractors pay to have notices sent out to them when someone registers a "project" in their area....then....they call the people who need the job done! It is awsome, I had 10 contractors get in contact with me within 4 hrs of posting my "project". So now, I have to pick some and have them come out and look at the house, and our plans, and give us a free, no obligation quote! Now, I have to try and figure out how to get off the site so I don't have hundreds of contractors stalking me, wanting to give me a free, no obligation quote......
Oh yeah, almost forgot.....we have purchased the first of our project supplies. We went the other day and got all the materials and tools needed to build a fence around the entire perimeter of the property! It took FOREVER to load up all 175 boards, and 13 posts etc etc. What we did find out is that you just have to give the folks there at the Home Depot a ring a ding ding, and they will pick up all that crap for you, and deliver it to the door next day.......we are learning early....and I only lost a little skin off the top of one toe in the process.....not bad, not bad at all!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link, Tanya! Sounds like you have your work cut out for you but i can see the potential! I can't wait to follow your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Followers